From the Back Cover
Stop being a slave to debt and money anxiety—and take control of your financial destiny
“If you’ve ever wondered how you got into a debt problem, or more important, how to get out of one, this book is a must-read.From learning how advertising influences your spending to teaching your kids to become responsible money managers, Power Up covers the bases. Nice work, Howard!”
—Stacy Johnson, CPA, President, MoneyTalksNews.com
In Power Up, Howard draws on his years of experience helping thousands of people overcome devastating financial hardship. He provides you with time-tested strategies and powerful tools to rebuild your financial life on a solid and enduring foundation.
A survival guide for these economically rocky, debt-ridden times, Power Up delivers:
- Guidelines for creating a realistic budget and sticking to it
- Budgeting tools, worksheets, and other valuable forms
- A look at the tricks that lenders and credit card companies use to make you a slave to debt
- Tips on how to learn to live without credit cards—and love doing it
- Help in understanding the difference between what you want and what you need
- Ideas on how to redirect your urge to shop into activities that satisfy your deeper needs and methods to improve your fiscal psychology
- Priceless advice on how to educate your kids about money and personal finance
A chance to start over again with a clean slate? The peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re in charge of your financial destiny? Power Up!